The European Commission supports SMEs in the final steps to bring a ground breaking product or service to the market. This subsidy of 0.5 to 2.5 million euros is made available to subsidise 70% of the project costs. This includes R&D for a final optimization step, scaling up, verification and / or validation of performances, demonstrations and activities aimed at European or even global market introduction. Unique for a European subsidy is that the SME-Instrument project does not have to be carried out by a consortium but can be applied for by one company.
Is your company eligible for the SME instrument?
Projecten die in aanmerking komen voor deze subsidie voldoen vaak aan een combinatie van de volgende factoren::
- Projects that qualify for this grant often meet a combination of the following factors:
- The company has an emphatic focus on innovation, wants to grow strongly and has international ambitions to disrupt established value chains.
- The company has previously received subsidies for R&D and the innovation is protected by, for example, patents or a big lead over competitors.
- The company already has a product on the market, has built up an already existing network with customers & suppliers and can enter the market immediately after the project.
- The company has a strong team that has all the essential experience and knowledge for successful implementation of the project and commercialization of the innovation.
Ugoo Europe & SME-instrument
Ugoo Europe is part of Ugoo and specialises in the SME instrument. With six successful applications in the last two years, our consultants are among the most successful applicants in the Netherlands. We have a wide network with investors and policy makers. As a result, the application is in line with European policy objectives and at the same time the investment potential is maximized.
“In a SME-Instrument application, a detailed business idea and project plan must be presented in a highly convincing way to a panel of experts and investors. It is crucial that the market strategy, customer needs and business opportunity are clear. The best companies are invited to Brussels to pitch their company and project plan to a jury. In addition to taking care of the project and business plan, we also have extensive experience with this pitch. We support our customers in making the pitch deck, presentation and interview. ”
Wilbert van der Vliet, Managing Consultant Ugoo Europe
Curious about what Ugoo Europe can do for your company? Contact one of our consultants via the orange button or call us on 020-3655531.