The SIDN fund is created to provide financial support to ideas and projects that aim to make the internet stronger or that use the internet in innovative ways. By doing so, SIDN funds projects with a strong social added value. Companies that would like to apply for the SIDN need to have the ambition to create a safe and trusted digital environment for everyone. Therefore, SIDN is looking for creative and innovative applications to stimulate the use of the internet.
Who can apply?
The SIDN Fund has two programmes:
- Pioneers (focusing on the starting phase, €10.000,-)
- Potentials (scaling of a proven concept, €75.000,-)
SIDN supports projects which are contributing to one of the following ambitions:
An open and free internet, which is accessible to all, trusted by the public and seen as a foundation on which to build. We welcome funding requests regarding new digital technology applications, or innovative and user-friendly software or hardware..
Empowerment of adults, youngsters or children with the skills needed to surf the internet safely, freely and confidently.
Tech for Good
Creative and innovative use of the internet, with social or economic impact. In support of this goal, we support new business models and pioneering solutions to social issues, e.g. in the fields of education, care, environmental sustainability and safety.
Great importance is attached to the social value of the projects and to the involvement of the internet community. SIDN Fund has an advisory panel made up of representatives of the Dutch internet community. The panel provides the Fund with advice, particularly with regard to the assessment of project proposals.
- The project has added social value and economic impact.
- The project is based on a specific need from society.
- The project needs to be completely opensource, so available for everyone.
- The level of innovation is high; it needs to be an original concept.
- The project needs to take place in the Netherlands.
- Preferably the project hasn’t started yet.
For more information, please contact one of our consultants.